Friday, December 11, 2009

I'm going to become a yogi

So...I like yoga.  It's good for me.  I'll admit that it can be a little boring to me sometimes.  There are so many sun salutations and when you do them like 1 million times in a class it can become monotonous.  So why am I complaining about yoga, right now? I shouldn't be, because I just bought an annual membership to Pure Yoga!!

Why Pure Yoga? Cause it's actually the cheapest yoga membership near to me, and I got a really good deal.

Why yoga? Because it's good for me, and I want to get in amazing shape for the upcoming auditions.  Plus, I secretly love yoga (depending on the teacher).  I feel very calm afterwards, and you get a good little workout.

Why am I not super excited about Pure Yoga? Because it has a very uppity feel to it.  Yoga should be more granola.  More about the actual movement than about the nice surroundings and the snotty people taking it because yoga is the cool thing to do.

Anyway, we'll see how it goes.  I'm excited.  Flexibility! Strength! Zen! Can't wait!

Namaste! ;)

2 comments:

Chris said...

I am so excited for you! I've decided to become a yogi also but I'm not sure where to start. The dancers I know that do yoga are incredibly strong and flexible. I just hate being in those poses for so long. Urgh!

V said...

yay! cant wait to hear how it is going for you. i have just been doing Ashtanga at home but sometime i may find a place to do classes. what type of yoga class is it? im curious. i looked into ashtanga b/c its all about the movement and the breathing and the continuous flow and not like a trendy stripped down version of yoga.