Friday, December 4, 2009

Dancing Again



Ballets With a Twist by Marilyn Klaus was my latest performance, and it was definitely due. My previous real performance to that was Nutcracker back in December 2008. I had begun to wonder why I love dancing and why I put myself through the hell it sometimes is. Don't get me wrong, I love going to class and perfecting my technique and dancing skills, but it gets frustrating living in NYC and getting rejected at so many auditions. However, when I got on stage with the lights warming my body as I moved and the audience watching the captivating choreography, I remembered why I love to perform, and why I have chosen this path for my life. Now I just need to find another project and a company to dance with full time. :)

2 comments:

Tiffany Kadani said...

Yay! A fellow dancing blogger. I'm excited to read all about your NYC adventures.

brenna said...

Good luck! Hopefully i'll be able to come and see the next one