Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Holidays :)

On Thanksgiving we had a huge dinner party at our apartment, with Turkey, stuffing, rolls, cranberry sauce, pie, and about every other dish you could imagine.  It was amazing!  I'm so happy that I have friends here and that we could have a good Thanksgiving meal together.  Meeting new people, eating yummy food, cooking, playing games, watching "The Power of One,"  was all so nice.  

At work, the General Manager brought in Christmas decorations, and one of the workers at the restaurant was so adamant about her distaste for Christmas decorations.  She said that they are tacky and ugly.  It was just surprising to me, because even though I think they can be tacky and ugly, they still give me a good feeling.  They bring back memories of home and family.  However, I think some decorations can be incredibly beautiful!  The lights at Temple Square are incredible, though I'm sure some of that has to do with just being on the Temple grounds, which are always beautiful.  

Anyway, I'm excited for the Holidays.  I'm glad that I had a great Thanksgiving, and that I wasn't alone for it.  Whether it is Christmas, Hanukkah, or whatever you celebrate, I'm glad we have something to look forward to, especially in the cold and dreary season of winter.  

No comments: