Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Laughter

Today I find that everything is really funny. I was at work and even the smallest thing, that would not have been funny to anybody else made me giggle for a whole minute. I'm not complaining by any means. I'd much rather be laughing than scowling, not saying that I scowl very often at all. I pretty much like to be happy. I'm not a person that stays depressed for lengthy periods of time.

Tonight I'm going to a concert called Last Chance to Dance at the U of A. One of Nathan's pieces is being performed and I'm really excited to see it.

The first half of the show was produced last night, and I actually got to dance in it in a piece called "Airwalkers." I had a lot of fun because I haven't had the chance to perform jazz in it seems like years. I feel a lot more free performing jazz than I do ballet. There is so much to think about when performing ballet that it's nice to change things up a bit for a night, though I like the challenge of ballet.

This weekend I'm performing in Cinderella for Ballet Tucson and I have a bunch of rehearsals this week for it. That reminds me that I need to sew new pointe shoes tonight so I have some that will support my feet for tomorrow.

I've been trying to make a goal of running more, or at least doing aerobic exercise. It's not going particularly well because I hate running so much. Sometimes I feel like going running after work either around 5 or 9, and at 5 it is way too hot, and at 9 it is too dark for me to go running alone in Tucson. I just need to go in the mornings before work, but I am not very motivated. I think if I had someone to run with me it would be a lot easier. Maybe after Nathan's done with school (tomorrow) he would like to go running with me. I just know that he has way more endurance than I do, which presents a little problem, but it's also a nice push.

I'm going to walk up to the theatre right now. 'Til the next post.

No comments: